Nový zámek pond, Zahrádky
This pond was established in the 14th century on an area of marshes and bogs near the village of Zahrádky.
The reservoir, on the Robečský Stream, is dammed with a 110 m long earth-illed dam and today covers 128 ha (of the original 300 ha). The reservoir has a remarkable water-feed system. Water lows from the Bobr Stream through a canal, hewn out of solid sandstone, known as the Mnichov channel. A medieval bridge over the channel carries the road from Doksy to Česká Lípa. A small opening is carved into one of the walls of the channel as a landing-place for small boats. Water levels were regulated by a semi-circular curved conduit and weir. The canal, cut into the rock, is 175 m long, 14 m deep and 7 m wide. The pond and channel are historic monuments of pond construction and the site has been an important nature reserve since 1933.